Quiz: How Well Do You Know Your Inspirational Quotes?
It’s no secret that some of the best leaders get their inspiration from quotes — in fact, perhaps you do, too. But do you know who said them? Test your knowledge in this fun quiz… and get inspired along the way!
1. The quote “At the end of the day, because I believe so strongly in leadership, what I look for first, what I try to assess, is integrity” is attributed to _____________
A. Jim Rohn
B. Elon Musk
C. Kenneth Chenault
2. “Life-fulfilling work is never about the money — when you feel true passion for something, you instinctively find ways to nurture it” was said by _____________
A. Eileen Fisher
B. Tony Robbins
C. Oprah Winfrey
3. “Great things are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people” was said by _____________
A. Walter E. Disney
B. Steve Jobs
C. Jeff Bezos
4. _____________ once said, “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
A. Eileen Fisher
B. Philip H. Nike
C. Winston Churchill
5. “My best successes came on the heels of failures” was said by _____________
A. Henry Ford
B. Bill Gates
C. Barbara Corcoran
6. “From my very first day as an entrepreneur, I’ve felt the only mission worth pursuing in business is to make people’s lives better.” This was said by _____________
A. Richard Branson
B. John P. Morgan
C. Travis Kalanick
7. Who said this? “Believe that there are no limitations, no barriers to your success — you will be empowered and you will achieve.”
A. Ursula Burns
B. Arianna Huffington
C. Warren Buffet
8. Who said the following: "I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that's how you grow. When there's that moment of 'Wow, I'm not really sure I can do this,' and you push through those moments, that's when you have a breakthrough."
A. Michael Bloomberg
B. Albert Einstein
C. Marissa Mayer
9. Who said the following? “Survival is not compulsory. Improvement is not compulsory. But improvement is necessary for survival.”
A. Charles Darwin
B. W. Edwards Deming
10. “If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you helped some less fortunate person, just as you were helped.” This quote is attributed to _____________
A. Martha Stewart
B. Michael Jordan
C. Melinda Gates
Interpreting your results:
If you have between 0 and 3 points: You might know some quotes, but in general, you don’t know who said them. A piece of advice: If a specific quote resonates with you, it can help to find out who said it, since that person might have said more inspirational things that can motivate you. And if you decide to use a quote to motivate others, it’s always a good idea to attribute it correctly.
If you have between 4 and 7 points: You can attribute more quotes than most people, but you could always do with some extra knowledge. Because if you know who said a particular quote and why, it’s easier to understand the context — and that can offer you a whole new layer of inspiration.
If you have between 8 and 10 points: Awesome! You know your quotes inside and out! And that’s good, because it will help you stay motivated throughout your career — plus, it will help you motivate others.
Inspirational quotes are powerful. They can help motivate you to move forward in challenging times, remind you of your values, and inspire you to grow beyond what you think is possible. So add them to your toolkit, and use them as needed to be an inspirational and aspirational leader.