Kelly Services Net Promoter Score (NPS)
Exceeding industry benchmarks
Based on survey responses from over 2,500 customers across the Americas regions, the Kelly Services best-in-class NPS score of 36%* far exceeds the industry benchmark of 0% derived from Staffing Industry Analyst's 2016 study of staffing buyers.
Introduced in 2003, the Net Promoter Score is embraced by major companies as a measure of customer loyalty, customer engagement, and future business growth. Net Promoter Scores can range from -100 to +100. Scores of 50 and above are generally considered best-in-class/world-class levels of performance.
Kelly places a high value on NPS scores, as NPS measures customer loyalty and is an unbiased reflection of the quality of service. We survey customers monthly to evaluate their satisfaction and engagement, and we are proud to be among the growing list of top companies that use NPS to help evaluate performance through their customers' eyes.
Calculating the score
Within the survey, only one question is used to calculate a company's NPS:
Based on your experience, how likely would you be to recommend COMPANY NAME to a friend or colleague (1-10)?
Responses are then put into three categories:
- Promoters: Respondents who rate the company a 9 or 10 (highly loyal)
- Passives: Respondents rating the company a 7 or 8
- Detractors: Those rating the company 6 or below (not satisfied or loyal)
To actually determine the score, the company uses the following formula:
Net Promoter Score = % of Promoters - % of Detractors
Survey results show that the high Kelly Services Net Promoter Score can be attributed to strong performance in the following areas:
- Creativity/resourcefulness related to filling more difficult orders
- Ability to supply enough qualified staff
- Proactive identification of qualified candidates
- Ability to provide creative problem-solving recommendations
* Kelly Americas NPS (Q1 2017): 36%